Hello world, Betsy here! I am a novice blogger and am excited to share my thoughts, experiences and maybe a few tips – all as it relates to health, fitness and overall well-being. What better way to introduce myself than by making a list!
Here are 5 things to know about me:
- I’m a woman on the move. I am a wife, mother of 2 (plus a four-legged furball), Chief Operations Officer for my household, business consultant to several start-ups, Certified Level 1 Crossfit Trainer. Oh and a kinda-sorta, not really, but want to be, competitive (with myself) Crossfitter.
- Analytical to a fault… Could have been the bachelor’s degree in engineering, or the 15+ years spent in a research and analytics career. Or maybe it’s just my way of being in the world. If you give me a few numbers, I’m going to ask for more, and then dig into them and find the trends, extract meaning, figure out what to do next.
- I love food. Eating it, looking at it, reading about it. Bring on the food. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just beautiful, flavorful, from the earth, nourishing. Or anything having to do with salted caramel.
- My natural state is drenched in sweat. In addition to food, I also love burpees. And lifting barbells. And hitting a trail for a run, and sweating out some toxins doing yoga in a 90 degree room. I also sweat just walking the kids to school. I’m a sweater. I almost named this blog BetsySweats.com.
- I’m a people pleaser. I love to help people (but only if they want helping). Whether that’s recommending a restaurant, or teaching someone how to link toes to bar, or sharing a yummy recipe. Its my way of connecting with people and showing I care. With Live Lift Flourish, I hope I share something of value or at least make readers smile!